Friday 5 July 2013

Who is Glitter Dash?

So who is Glitter Dash?  My name is Joanne.  I am named after both my parents.  My dad is Joe and my mum is Anne and they couldn't agree on what to call me so decided to combine their names.  I will be 30 this year which is quite a scary thought to be honest.  I am a single mum to a 4 year old, soon to be 5 year old daughter who starts school this year which is another scary thought!

I have always had an interest in fashion and beauty.  I used to be a severe bag lady, at one point I had so many bags I literally had no more room for anymore.  It was a sad day when I knew I had to give some of them up. lol

I literally have the most frustrating hair type and skin type to work with.  I suffer from rosaeca on my cheeks which means they are constantly red.  Not much seems to cover the redness, I've tried many colour correcting products but each day my cheeks are different.  I plan to do a blog on how I cope with the rosaeca soon.

My hair is horrendous at times.  It is thin, very thin.  It is currently the longest I've ever had it but the ends look so fine that I am going to have to get at least half of it cut off.  It is frizzy and has a natural curl to it.  I prefer a straighter style for my hair rather than the curls. I've put my hair through a lot over the years which had probably not helped the thin-ness of it.  As a natural brunette I bleached it a lot to achieve blond hair and ended up going one step too far to the point where it was one shade off white! lol  I had a red obsession for a long time but the colour faded so fast I am redying it every couple of weeks in an attempt to keep the colour fresh and vibrant.  I would get fed of it, dye it brown then weeks later start craving the red again which would result in the purchase of a red dye later that day. hehe Right now my hair is a brown/blond DIY ombre which I am not liking anymore.  I plan to go a chocolate brown soon to match the lovely new Halo Hair Extensions I bought a couple of weeks ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment