Tuesday 23 July 2013

E.L.F Haul

I treated myself to some E.L.F products after getting a 50% off email last week.  I have been on the fence with a lot of E.L.F products.  There are ones that I cannot live without and then others that are useless and not good quality at all.  Here is what I bought.
 
 
I didn't quite know why I bought this E.L.F Shimmer palette as I don't really use shimmer.  I was impressed with how smoothly this glides on skin.  I read reviews online that it is good as an eye primer so I gave it a go and quite liked it.  It is good for the brow bone under the eyebrows too.  You can't see it in the picture but it comes in 4 different colours - white, peach, pink and beige.  Once you apply it to the skin they all look very similar, there is not a great deal of difference in them however the pink shade is a bit more obvious, only by a tiny bit though.  At £3.75 it is not too bad a product and I will be using it more.
 
 
The E.L.F Zit Zapping Concealer in Corrective Green at £2.50 was disappointing to me.  I tried it on my red cheeks under foundation and I looked like the hulk.  It has a very thick consistency which made it hard to blend into the skin and it was very obvious under foundation.  I am not a fan of this product for myself so I won't be using it again.
 
 
I am not one for lip gloss as I always end up with it around my lips like a clown as the day goes on but when I saw the Studio Glossy Gloss I had to try it.  The shade I bought was called Twinkle Pink, the colour isn't as bright as the picture on the E.L.F website but it is still a lovely shade.  For some reason my photo make it look peach/coral, it isn't.  It is definitely pink! hehe It has a lot of colour to it and the applicator for it is a brush.  If you like a lot of sparkle on your lips then this is the product for you!
 
 
I bought the E.L.F Brightening Eyeliner in Coffee for my brows mainly.  I find actual brow pencils are too dark for me, even the lighter shades!  Eyeliner works better.  I have sparse light brow hairs and zero outer brow hairs (seriously, my eyebrow hairs stop half way so I have no ends. lol) so I have to draw them on.  I am still trying to master the technique though as I've only started doing my eyebrows so I won't be doing a before and after picture anytime soon! hehe  For £1.50 it is a great bargain and I would use the black one as an eyeliner too.
 
 I treated myself to some new brushes.  A concealer brush, eyeshadow brush and brow wand.  I've used the concealer and eye shadow brushes before and they are great for when my Real Techniques brushes have been washed and are still drying.  Never used a brow wand before (mostly used the brushes or combs) so I gave that a try last night and was impressed with it.
 
I bought an E.L.F sharpener as well but didn't think anyone would want to see a photo of that. lol  And also Studio Lotion Wipes in Shea Butter.  Like I said in my previous blog I have given up with wipes but I had ordered these before I made that decision so I gave them to my mum who reported back to me this morning that she used them last night and again this morning, she loved the smell and her skin felt more refreshed and soft.  As you may tell I did not get my dry, sensitive, rosacea skin from my mum as she can use almost any product on her skin and know she won't get a reaction to it (I am jealous! hehe), my dad takes the credit for giving me sensitive skin! lol
 
~* Jo *~

No comments:

Post a Comment