Thursday 11 July 2013

Sunburn!

So yesterday I took my daughter over to a friends house, we sat in her garden for a couple of hours chatting while the kids all played away.  Later that night I got home to find one of my arms sunburnt. 


The photo actually doesn't show exactly how red it is.  I had quite a restless nights sleep as my arm was hurting and I had nothing in the house to put on it.  I didn't even have my soothing gel pads in the fridge as I gave them to my dad to help his sore toe the other day so I was left with just having to use a face cloth soaked in cold water until I could get to the shops today.


I really love the Banana Boat sun products.  I use the kids factor 50+ on my daughter and usually on myself as I have fair skin that easily burns (as you can tell!! lol) but yesterday I stupidly forgot to put it on myself before I went out.  This is the After Sun gel spray with aloe in it.  It is rub-free too which means I don't have to touch my arm to rub it in which will only make it sorer.  It is a soothing mist type spray so very gentle when spraying onto sore and tender areas.  I got this from Asda for £5.00 which is the best place to buy it in terms of cost.  Boots is selling it for £8.63.  It is quite a big bottle as you can tell from the photo and you don't need to spray much on the affected area so it will last a while..
 
Moral of the story - put sunscreen on everyday it is sunny!  I wish I had done it then I wouldn't have a sore arm. hehe
 
~* Jo *~

No comments:

Post a Comment