Tuesday 23 July 2013

My current skincare routine

I don't have a regular skincare routine as I am still trying to find what works for the skin.  I have decided to give up using facial wipes full stop now.  They hurt my face so much, even ones that claim to be gentle, moisturising and for sensitive skin.  Even when I use them softly it feels like I've just rubbed sandpaper over my face so I have admitted defeat with them. 
 
Last week I treated myself to some new products after getting an email from Feel Unique about a one-day 20% off Elemis products.  This is what I got.
 
 
It is the Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash and the Elemis Rehydrating Genseng Toner.  They are £21 each from the Feel Unique site.  I have been using them twice a day (in the morning and about an hour before bedtime) for little under a week now and I am seeing a difference with my face.  It hasn't been dry once despite the fact the UK is in the middle of a heatwave right now.  My problem areas are mostly my forehead and nose, I get terrible flaky dry skin in those areas but so far nothing.
 

I have teamed it with the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion.  I am so impressed with this moisturiser. For the last couple of months I have been using the Garnier Moisture Match for Dry to Very Dry skin but I found it took a long time to absorb, my face felt greasy for hours afterward and I couldn't see it helping the dryness at all.  After reading a lot of great reviews for Cetaphil I decided to give it a try. It was £8.35 for a 236ml bottle from Feel Unique.  From the first use I felt my skin feel softer and it absorbed within 10 minutes of applying to my face so I no longer have the shiny, greasy looking face.
 
Right now that is all I use on my face in terms of skincare.  I still have red cheeks from the rosacea but my face feels so much more hydrated, soft, smooth and more importantly no longer tight feeling!  I highly recommend the Elemis products, the toner is great to spray on your face (or even your arms and legs!) as well to freshen up throughout the day.  It has been great with this hot weather, very cooling and good for the skin as well.
 
~* Jo *~

No comments:

Post a Comment