Friday 19 July 2013

DIY Salt Spray!

God I love Pinterest!  I have found amazing home décor ideas, recipes, kids activities etc but yesterday I found a DIY salt spray.  I have been after a salt spray for a while but was constantly forgetting to buy one when I have been out so I was so happy to see a DIY pin while getting my Pinterest fix and it is so simple to make!  All you need is:

 
 
  • 2 cups of hot water
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon of conditioner or hair gel (optional)
 
Mix it all together, pour it into a spray bottle and voila! DIY salt spray!  I sprayed it into my freshly washed hair, gave it a scrunch and let it air dry for the rest of the night.  I have naturally wavy hair so I know I will have some curls from this method.  However you can section your hair, twist it up, pin it with bobby pins and leave overnight to dry.

By the time I went to bed (roughly 3 hours later) my hair was on the frizzy side which in this heat and humidity I did expect.  Come morning time the frizz had died down a touch.  I gave it a tiny spray again and another scrunch.  The curls have lasted all day and I would use it again.

~* Jo *~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment